Thursday, December 3, 2015

Book Review- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine

I first heard about Say Goodbye To Survival Mode by Crystal Paine on the Homemaking Foundations Podcast. Jami Balmet couldn't stop raving about this book and since I was already so encouraged by her podcast, I knew I had to read this book.  I am so glad I did.  I was in survival mode and I didn't even realize it. In the first part of the book, Crystal (from moneysavingmom.com) talks about routines and the value of them.  She says on page 33 that 'routines allow you to get your life in order so you can say goodbye to survival mode and start living your days with a purpose'. With this in mind, I was ready to start setting up routines (with the help of this book, of course!) and it's made a world of a difference in my life. Having a routine helped me realize how much time I actually have (and don't have, some days!) and has helped me enjoy my kids and focus on my business because I can slow down!

Something else of great value that she taught me was how to set goals.  Daily goals, weekly goals, lifetime goals. This has been very valuable to keep me focused! 

Crystal does a fantastic job of balancing biblical principals, her own story, practical tips, and answers to her reader's questions. This book is full of wisdom and sanity. Trust me, this book is for you no matter what stage of life you are in! 

I hope that you will pick this book up (affiliated link below) and start learning how to say goodbye to survival mode and start living your life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are motivation! Share your thoughts.