Thursday, May 8, 2014

Greyson is Doing Well

    Greyson is doing so well!  Yesterday, I spoke to the pediatrician on the phone during the day and he told me that he was going to move Greyson down to 1 liter of oxygen and that his IV was out so he was getting all his nutrients through my milk. The next step was going to be adding more to how much milk Greyson drinks and taking him off oxygen completely. When Josh got off work, we headed to the NICU. When we got there, we were pleasantly surprised to see that he only had a feeding tube! His oxygen was gone completely!  We were able to feed him a bottle where he drank 22cc and left 10cc. The nurse put the remaining 10cc down his feeding tube.  I think the only reason he didn't finish his bottle was the fact that it is hard to suck with a feeding tube down his throat!  

    Today, he is tube free! And he is drinking bottles like a champ!  I can't wait to start nursing him while I am cleared to do so! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are motivation! Share your thoughts.