Friday, April 26, 2013

Washi Tape Makeover

   


    I love washi tape.  So much.  For those of you that do not know, washi tape is a colorful and patterned masking tape from Japan.  It amazing because it doesn't leave a residue, it's very easy to remove and, of course, it's colorful and patterned!  Since it is easily removed and doesn't leave a residue it is PERFECT to make some electronics YOURS.  I don't know about you, but I love it when random things, that I have to use everyday, still represent who I am.  And by decorating things like your charger, you eliminate the confusion of who's charger is who's.  So as soon as I saw this idea on Apartment Therapy, I got right to work.

 

   The first thing I did was my charger.  It was fairly simple, it just took some time.  To decorate your charger, just take small pieces of tape and wrap it around the cord and charger.  Easy.
  
                                             

   The next thing I did was my stylus.  I liked my stylus as it was, but I think the washi tape made it even better! 



    And finally, my phone.  Which I did again this morning.  

 

   I liked the first one I did, but I think the one I did this morning is more 'me' (Plus, now you know how easy it is to change it out, all I had to do was peel it off).  To decorate your phone with washi tape, just stick it on like I did in the picture above and trim around the edges with scissors.  I made sure that each piece of tape was well over the edge so my lines would be clean when I trimmed it.  And that's it! It's all so easy.  Now to find more things that could use a washi tape makeover! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are motivation! Share your thoughts.